JavaScript is off. Please enable to view full site.

8 Hanoi students hospitalized after vaping

8 Hanoi students hospitalized after vaping

Thursday, December 08, 2022, 11:26 GMT+7

Eight third graders in Hanoi were admitted to a hospital for a health check after trying an e-cigarette that one of them had found at home and brought to school earlier this week.

Nguyen Thi Bich Hanh, principal of Hoang Liet Elementary School in Hoang Mai District, told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper on Wednesday that doctors released all eight children from the hospital after they were cleared of any risk. 

Staff at Hoang Liet Elementary School noticed that the eight students, all in third grade, were complaining of nausea at around 12:30 pm on Monday.

The students told the staff that one of them had found an e-cigarette at his home and brought it to school. 

The child and his friends then smoked the device during break time.

A school staff member then brought the children to Bach Mai Hospital in Dong Da District and informed their families of the incident.

Hanh said the school would learn from the experience and use it to teach students about the harmful effects of e-cigarettes, as well as work with families on strategies that will enable them to keep a more watchful eye on their children.

Previously, a five-year-old child was admitted to the Vietnam National Children’s Hospital in a coma after drinking vaping liquid.

Dr. Tran Dang Xoay said that many e-cigarettes do not contain regular nicotine, but instead illicit drugs.

Children are at high risk of being poisoned by drinking or swallowing e-cigarette liquid, the doctor warned.

Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!

Eight third graders in Hanoi were admitted to a hospital for a health check after trying an e-cigarette that one of them had found at home and brought to school earlier this week.

Nguyen Thi Bich Hanh, principal of Hoang Liet Elementary School in Hoang Mai District, told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper on Wednesday that doctors released all eight children from the hospital after they were cleared of any risk. 

Staff at Hoang Liet Elementary School noticed that the eight students, all in third grade, were complaining of nausea at around 12:30 pm on Monday.

The students told the staff that one of them had found an e-cigarette at his home and brought it to school. 

The child and his friends then smoked the device during break time.

A school staff member then brought the children to Bach Mai Hospital in Dong Da District and informed their families of the incident.

Hanh said the school would learn from the experience and use it to teach students about the harmful effects of e-cigarettes, as well as work with families on strategies that will enable them to keep a more watchful eye on their children.

Previously, a five-year-old child was admitted to the Vietnam National Children’s Hospital in a coma after drinking vaping liquid.

Dr. Tran Dang Xoay said that many e-cigarettes do not contain regular nicotine, but instead illicit drugs.

Children are at high risk of being poisoned by drinking or swallowing e-cigarette liquid, the doctor warned.

Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!

Bao Anh - Duong Lieu / Tuoi Tre News

More

Read more

;

Photos

VIDEOS

‘Taste of Australia’ gala dinner held in Ho Chi Minh City after 2-year hiatus

Taste of Australia Gala Reception has returned to the Park Hyatt Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City's District 1 after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic

Vietnamese woman gives unconditional love to hundreds of adopted children

Despite her own immense hardship, she has taken in and cared for hundreds of orphans over the past three decades.

Vietnam’s Mekong Delta celebrates spring with ‘hat boi’ performances

The art form is so popular that it attracts people from all ages in the Mekong Delta

Vietnamese youngster travels back in time with clay miniatures

Each work is a scene caught by Dung and kept in his memories through his journeys across Vietnam

Latest news

Missing radioactive capsule found in Western Australia

Australian authorities on Wednesday found a radioactive capsule that was lost in the vast Outback after nearly a week-long search along a 1,400 km (870-mile) stretch of highway, an emergency services official said