Eighteen students of an elementary school in Quang Nam Province, central Vietnam were hospitalized on Thursday after drinking milk tea and eating snacks provided by a student’s parents.
A leader of the Quang Nam Region General Hospital in Dien Ban Town, Quang Nam Province, where the 18 students were treated, said on Friday that the students are now in a stable condition and have been discharged from hospital.
They are students of Tran Hung Dao Elementary School.
Tran Thi Thanh Van, head of the Education and Training Division of Dien Ban Town, said on Thursday afternoon, the parents of a fifth-grade student brought milk tea and snacks to their child’s class.
Some 15 minutes after drinking milk tea and eating snacks, a student developed the symptom of vomiting and 17 others faced the same fate later.
Doctors diagnosed that they suffered food poisoning.
The Dien Ban Medical Center has taken drink and food samples for testing.
“We are coordinating with the relevant agencies to identify the cause of the case and work out solutions [to prevent similar cases],” Van added.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!