Twenty-two people were rescued from a burning karaoke parlor in northern Vietnam as a fire broke out on Friday evening.
The fire was caused by a short circuit, officials in Quang Ninh Province said, citing an initial probe.
There were no casualties in the incident, they added.
The blaze erupted in Tran Phu Ward, Mong Cai City, Quang Ninh at 9:00 pm when a karaoke parlor, named Version II, suddenly burst into flames with smoke covering spaces from the fourth to sixth floors of its building, witnesses recounted.
The fire left 22 people stuck in the building, they added.
After being informed about the incident, firefighters arrived at the site and came up with solutions for putting out the fire.
Noticing all devices at the venue were highly inflammable as well as a lack of oxygen inside, the firefighters broke the building’s glass windows to bring the victims outside as quickly as possible.
The fire was completely extinguished after one hour. No extended burning was detected in neighboring buildings.
The victims, most of whom are women and kids, were brought outside and had their health checked, with medical reports confirming their safety.
Two patrons are given help to be evacuated from the Version II karaoke parlor. Photo: Tuoi Tre
The victims, most of whom are women and kids, are transferred to an ambulance waiting outside near the site of the fire for health checks. Photo: Tuoi Tre
The scene of the karaoke parlor fire on March 18, 2016. Photo: Tuoi Tre