JavaScript is off. Please enable to view full site.

Vietnam affirms sovereignty over central area that borders Cambodia

Tuesday, November 03, 2015, 17:48 GMT+7
Vietnam affirms sovereignty over central area that borders Cambodia
Vietnam's Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman Le Hai Binh is seen in this file photo.

Vietnam has full and absolute sovereignty over the border area of Dak Dam in the Central Highlands province of Dak Nong, which is adjacent to the Cambodian province of Mondulkiri, the foreign ministry has said.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman Le Hai Binh made the statement on Monday in response to reporters’ question about a recent report posted on Cambodia’s online newspaper vodhotnews.com.

The report claimed that Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen had said in Paris that Vietnam, through unofficial channels, agreed to share a land area between Dak Nong and Mondulkiri, according to the Vietnam News Agency.

Accordingly, 60 percent of the Dak Dam – Dak Huyt border region would belong to Vietnam while the remaining 40 percent would go to Cambodia, the news report said.   

Vietnam is verifying this information, spokesman Binh said.

He stressed that Vietnam has sufficient legal and historical grounds, backed by its control of the area in reality, to assert its absolute sovereignty over the region of Dak Dam in Dak Nong.

Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!

Tuoi Tre News

More

Read more

;

Photos

VIDEOS

Experience summer sand-boarding in Mui Ne

Sand-boarding, a popular activity amongst local children in the coastal tourism town of Mui Ne in south-central Vietnam, is attracting hundreds of tourists to the Red Sand Dunes

Young maple trees given better protection as Hanoi enters rainy season

The trees are currently growing well, with green leaves and healthy branches.

Hunting skinks for food in southern Vietnam

Skink meat is known to be soft, tasty, and highly nutritious.

Vietnamese-made app allows people to grow real veggies via smartphone

Nguyen Thi Duyen, a young engineer in Hanoi, developed the app and its related services to help busy people create their own veggie gardens.

Chinese tourists hit by Vietnamese over dine and dash

Four Chinese were reportedly injured, with one having a broken arm.

Latest news